Monday, July 2, 2007

EPISODE NUMBER ONE - Marilyn's Big Adventure

July 2, 2007

I've just returned from Randy Potter Auction in Port Hope, Ontario where some of my stuff was sold today. It is a bittersweet thing to watch thirty-one years of accumulated goods being sold to strangers. On the one hand, it is good to have disposed of these items and receive cash in exchange. On the other, the memories they represent are still very sharp in my mind. It was a large sale and Randy sold only about half of my items today. I assume that he'll sell the rest in the next few weeks, as he knows my deadline.

I am also saddened that my proposed travelling companion will not be coming with me. Fiona Ferret had to be euthanized on June 21 as she was succumbing to insulinoma - a disease of the pancreas. She was very sweet-natured and before she became too ill, she seemed to enjoy the freedom of my house -- and the RV. She had been in a cage in a shelter for at least a year -- and who knows what kind of life she had before then. I suspect that she was badly neglected as she had no idea about being cuddled, nor did she know how to play. At least the last eight months of her life were reasonably happy.

No comments: